Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pizza and pop culture emporium!!

Sent this testimonial out in a big ol' email yesterday, figured I'd post it here too. xoxo


I've got an idea! Here's the short(ish) version, bear with me....

I've been thinking a lot lately about the future, my own, my family's, and this fucking rad community that we've been a part of both locally and nation-wide. I think I've come up with a way to marry all these concepts and maintain involvement in said community, while still being around to raise my kids in a loving and awesome environment. And hell, to make sure they are as close to the community as possible. After all, they need as many of their rad aunts and uncles around as they can get.

Basically, what it all comes down to is this......

Within the next 5 to 6 years, we're going to be opening our own pizza place/all-ages venue!!!! ....that also sells comics and collectibles on the side, hehe. I know it seems like a long ways out, but it'll be here quicker than we imagine and we want to get to work on it as soon as possible. Plus I'm really excited about this and I wanted to start telling folks.

Here's what I wanted to ask of you, our friends. It's pretty simple:

Bands and travelers, if you need help booking in Seattle let me know. I will do my best to get you booked! If I'm really that bogged down and can't help you directly, the least I can do is point you in the direction of someone who can. Ive been booking my own bands for over ten years, admittedly less in recent years (props to con), and I want to do more. I would like to run this booking endeavor as professionally as possible without being a fucking shark. TO MAKE SURE THE BANDS ARE TAKEN CARE OF, ABOVE ALL ELSE!

Secondly, LET'S EAT!! I love to feed folks (hence the pizza place part of this glorious plan, not JUST a daytime source of income for the venue) and I'm gonna need to try out some recipes on people, so if you are coming through town and want some free grub and pleasant company, please hit me up. Don't be shy about it ,WE WILL FEED YOU! Likewise local friends, if you know of someone coming through town that I don't know about, hook us up! We'll eat together! Also if you just want to be fed, local friends, hit me up,WE WILL FEED YOU! Don't worry, I worked pizza for 5 years and know what I'm doing in the kitchen. It'll be tasty, I promise.

Finally, small business-owning friends, I will be bugging you a lot in the next few years, I hope that's okay. I would love all the advice you could possibly offer!!! I've already gotten some great resource material from the local chamber of commerce, and signed up for some continuing ed. style business classes, but I want to know what worked for you and what didn't work.

Sorry about the length of this email, there's plenty more to this plan that I'll gladly gab with anybody about. Any help you all could offer would be sooooo appreciated. I want to make this place as much for all of us as it is for myself. We've had a lot of help from folks all over, and I want to start giving more back!

Thank you and I love you all! xoxoRYxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment