Friday, October 22, 2010

Tobacco Valley (big hat)

The prose that follow are the lyrics to a song we've been playing with TDD for a little while now. Initially, I wrote them during a pretty rough period in my life last year, while I was on a work trip to Montana. The funny thing about Montana is that it's gorgeous and natural landscape can elicit the most powerfully opposite feelings in you, pretty much shifting instantaneously. The beauty of the forests and massive mountains making you feel at peace and happy, while the vastness of the big empty sky, gray in the winter time, can leave you feeling pretty empty and alone. Maybe it's just me. As much as I love Montana, I would suggest you avoid "big sky country," in the winter. Needless to say this is a bummer song, I'm kinda feeling it lately.

TOBACCO VALLEY

Glowing eyes, shining back against my headlights,
reflecting the same shock that's widening my tired own.
Screeching brakes, broken windshield, busted guard-rail.
Gravel burns, grinding in through flesh and bone.

Please, tell me everything is gonna work out fine,
with no if's and's or but's about it.
Please tell me everything is gonna work out fine,
just don't tell me how to go about it.

Falling snow, extinguishes the hottest fires
and chills my broken bones.
Drag myself from under thousands of pounds of flaming wreckage
my final thoughts are of you and home.

If I die upon this mountain top
remember that I love you all.
If I'm overcome by these dark thoughts
remember that I love you.

Remember that I love you all,
oh that I love you.
Remember that I love you all,
I love you.

If I die upon this mountain top,
What legacy will I have left behind?
If I'm overcome by these dark thoughts,
please remember me and mine.

Just please, tell me everything is gonna work out fine,
with no if's and's or but's about it!
Please, Tell me everything is gonna work out fine,
Just don't tell me how to go about it!

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment